- Before attempting your CSHL Press eBook download, set up an Adobe Digital Editions account (ADE) here: http://www.adobe.com/solutions/ebook/digital-editions.html.
- You will also need to install eReader software on your computers or mobile devices that are linked to your ADE account.
- Many of our readers already have ADE accounts for use with their institutional libraries, local libraries or other eBook services such as GooglePlay. There is no need to create a new account or download new reader software if you already have them. Please note ADE accounts are different than Adobe reader for PDFs or other software. If you already have an ADE account, you do not need to set up a new one and can proceed to the steps below .
Mac / PC
After you have set up your ADE account, please install Adobe Digital Editions reader software on your computer.
Mobile devices (phones, tablets, etc)
Your eBook displays on an ADE compatible reader app on your mobile device. Popular app choices include Bluefire and OverDrive.
If you already have a compatible reader installed, please be sure it is linked to your ADE account. A complete list of compatible devices and apps can be found here: http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices.
If you donít already have an ADE mobile reader, we recommend Bluefire: http://www.bluefirereader.com.
Please link your Bluefire reader to your ADE account before attempting any downloads to a mobile device. This is done as part of the setup for Bluefire. For more information or should you encounter any difficulties with the Bluefire reader, please refer to the FAQ: http://www.bluefirereader.com/faq.html.
Purchasing and Downloading your CSHL Press eBook
We currently offer the following titles in eBook format:
Other titles may be added in the future.
- Aging: The Longevity Dividend (Hardcover)
- Aging: The Longevity Dividend (Paperback)
- Antibodies: A Laboratory Manual, Second edition (Hardcover)
- Antibodies: A Laboratory Manual, Second edition (Paperback)
- At the Bench: A Laboratory Navigator, Updated Edition (Book)
- At the Helm: Leading Your Laboratory, Second Edition (Hardcover)
- Budding Yeast: A Laboratory Manual (Paperback)
- Budding Yeast: A Laboratory Manual (Hardcover)
- Career Options for Biomedical Scientists (Hardcover)
- Connecting with Companies: A Guide to Consulting Agreements for Biomedical Scientists (Hardcover)
- CRISPR-Cas: A Laboratory Manual (Paperback)
- CRISPR-Cas: A Laboratory Manual (Hardcover)
- The Cytoskeleton (Hardcover)
- Decoding the Language of Genetics ()
- Epigenetics, Second Edition (Hardcover)
- Experimental Design for Biologists, Second Edition (Hardcover)
- Lab Math: A Handbook of Measurements, Calculations, and Other Quantitative Skills for Use at the Bench, 2nd edition (Book)
- Lab Ref, Volume 2, A Handbook of Recipes, Reagents, and Other Reference Tools for Use at the Bench (Paperback)
- Manipulating the Mouse Embryo: A Laboratory Manual, Fourth Edition (Paperback)
- Manipulating the Mouse Embryo: A Laboratory Manual, Fourth Edition (Hardcover)
- Methods in Yeast Genetics and Genomics, 2015 Edition: A CSHL Course Manual ()
- Mouse Models of Cancer: A Laboratory Manual (Paperback)
- Mouse Models of Cancer: A Laboratory Manual (Hardcover)
- Navigating Metabolism (Paperback)
- Navigating Metabolism (Hardcover)
- Next-Generation DNA Sequencing Informatics, Second Edition (Hardcover)
- Statistics at the Bench: A Step-by-Step Handbook for Biologists (Book)
- Subcellular Fractionation: A Laboratory Manual (Paperback)
- Subcellular Fractionation: A Laboratory Manual (Hardcover)
- Using R at the Bench: Step-by-Step Data Analytics for Biologists (Hardcover)
After purchasing an eBook on the CSHL Press website you will receive two emails within minutes: a receipt for your purchase, and a separate email with a download link. You can click the link in the download email, and then use that file to access your eBook on your computer or mobile device.
- How much download time and device space will it take to download the eBook require?
Most CSHL Press eBooks require 5 Ė 15 MB of available space on your device and will take 1 Ė 3 minutes to download. Larger eBook titles, such as Epigenetics, Second Edition, may require up to 35MB of available space on your device and may take up to 5 five minutes to download. A Wi-Fi connection is strongly recommended for all downloads..
- The Epigenetics, Second Edition eBook is a large file and requires 34MB of available space on your device. It may take up to five minutes to download and a wifi connection is strongly recommended.
- The images/figures do not appear the same as in the print book. Why is that?
Images and illustrations: Many users find images display best on mobile devices with high resolution screens. Desktop users with Adobe Digital Editions can increase the font size in the settings bar to enlarge images. Some mobile apps, including Bluefire, may support emailing of selected images and text. Sharing images or text is authorized for private, non-commercial, use in labs or courses only. Images and any other book content may not be redistributed, reused in papers or publications or posted on publically available web pages or in any other form or media without a prior licensing agreement. Please use the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press Reprint Permission Request Form for all such purposes.
- Can I use the eBook for a class or in a lab and purchase and download one copy for all devices?
Our eBooks are intended to accommodate individuals using a single Adobe account (and its associated ID/credentials) with a total of up to 12 downloads on different devices as follows: a user can install the book on up to 6 desktop/computer devices and also on up to 6 mobile devices (for the total of 12). Downloads to applications such as Bluefire or Overdrive on mobile devices (for example, iPad and Android tablets and phones) fall into the mobile category. Downloads via Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) and some other desktop-laptop-based reader applications are in the desktop/computer category. Each activation of the eBook accrues separately to a total of twelve, with up to six on each of the two device categories.
- Please note: we are exploring a bulk eBook capability to provide small-to-medium size labs and classes discounted group access to selected eBook titles. If you are interested in learning more about this option, please contact CSHL Press directly by email.
- I receive a licensing or unauthorized user error when attempting to download the eBook on another device after a prior successful download.
Please ensure that the same Adobe Id is being used and linked to the same ADE account.
- I didnít receive an email after successfully placing an order. What do I do now?
When placing the order, it is important to provide an email address to both the shipping and billing information to ensure you receive two emails after completing your eBook order. Please contact Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press here
- I am an institutional librarian or agent and I wish to purchase the eBook for the library and/or an institution. Can I do that?
Our eBooks are intended to accommodate individuals only and is available exclusively from the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press website. We are currently exploring a bulk eBook capability to provide small-to-medium size labs and classes discounted group access to selected eBook titles. (Please note this option will require ADE software, and is not configured to provide IP / network access.) If you are interested in learning more about this option, please contact CSHL Press directly by email.
- I clicked on the download link for the eBook and nothing happened or I just get a blank page in my browser. What do I do now?
In some browsers the download occurs without any dialogue box appearing - so when you follow the download link, you will see only a blank page, but the download will have occurred all the same. In that case, you may need to look in your downloads folder to find the downloaded file (with extension "acsm").
- Why do I have to activate my Reader, and how do I activate?
In order to read secure Adobe format eBooks, the eReader software needs to be activated prior to downloading our eBook. The process of activating identifies you as the rightful owner of the eBook and is a security measure to protect the copyright of the eBook.
- Can't get the eBook to open even after installing the Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) software on my Mac.
For Adobe Digital Editions, the operating system requirements are Mac OS X v10.8 or later.
- I already have the print book. Can I now purchase the eBook but not pay the eBook only price?
If you would like to purchase the eBook and have already purchased the print book prior to the eBook being available, please contact Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press by email. You will need to provide the purchase order number and/or date of the print book order as confirmation.
- Can multiple copies (in bulk) be ordered at one time?
We are currently exploring a bulk eBook capability to provide small-to-medium size labs and classes discounted group access to selected eBook titles. (Please note this option will require ADE software, and is not configured to provide IP / network access.) If you are interested in learning more about this option, please contact CSHL Press directly by email.